Learn how to add pages to your current passport.Frequent travelers usually have problems on pages of their passports. There should always be blank pages with marked “Visas” in a passport whenever a person is traveling internationally. One blank page Is needed to enter a country’s border and at least 2 blank pages if a visa is required.
The special government procedure of having extra pages “sewn” to a passport has been discontinued last December 31, 2015, therefore, a passport renewal is required for passports with running low blank pages. A special 52 visa pages is available and can be requested upon renewal.
Below is a guideline on eligibility and requirements for adding blank pages to a passport.
Additional Pages Eligibility
You must meet the criteria to be able to add pages to your passport:
- Must have a remaining 1-year validity
- With 10 or less blank pages left
- In good condition and no signs of wearing
- No more than two sets of extra pages were previously added
How To Add Pages to a Passport
- Gather all required documents
- Valid US Passport
- Form DA-4085 (application for adding pages) completely filled-out at https://pptform.state.gov/, select “Add Visa Pages” and print
- Proof of travel plans such as flight itinerary for expedited services
- Additional pages fee – A check for $82 ($142 for expedited service) made payable to “US Department of State.”
- Your passport can be processed in one of the following 3 ways:
- Via mail – this is the standard process wherein the sealed envelope with the fees, application, and passport will be sent to the Passport Acceptance Agent to the National Passport Center for processing.
- Through a Passport Agency – for expediting damaged passport replacement, major US cities have passport agencies where new passport can be processed on-site personally
- Through a Passport Expediting Company – another way to expedite a damaged passport replacement is to send the sealed envelope to a passport expediting company that is trustworthy and they will personally bring the application to a Passport Agency for faster processing on your behalf.
How Long Does it Take to Add Pages to a Passport?
The Same duration applies to all passport applications if via mail it can take up to 8 weeks; this is the standard application process and delivery. You can get your passport replacement 2-3 weeks for expedited service by mail and is available with an additional $60 government fee. A Passport Agency or a passport expediting company can get your new passport as fast as 24 hours.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.