The government form you should accomplish when applying for a US passport is known as the DS-11. This is a 2-page form with a space for your picture and signature on the first page. When you finish the DS-11 application form for a passport, you should include the following data:
- Your legal name, as listed on your birth certificate or legal name change document
- Your height, hair color, and eye color
- Your Social Security Number
- Your home address
- Your parents’ full names, birth dates, and places of birth
- The name and address of someone who may be contacted in case of emergency
- No less than one contact telephone number – home, work, or cell phone number
Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application form for a New Passport
- New Passport Application Form (DS-11)
- Proof of US Citizenship (birth certificate)
- One passport picture
- Flight agenda or other verification of travel plans (only required if you need to rush another passport) passport application.
- New US Passport application fee. You will need two checks, one payable to “US Department of State” for $110 ($170 if you need to expedite a new passport) and second check for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee.
- Photocopy of any state-issued ID (front & back)
How to Get a New Passport Fast
Processing time for a new passport applications are:
- Expedited service from a registered passport expediting company: as little as 24 hours
- Standard service via mail: 6-8 weeks
- Expedited service at a US Passport Agency: 8 business days
- Expedited service visa mail: 2-3 weeks
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.