If you are planning to have the ultimate African adventure, do not forget Kenya! Visit the top safari destination which is the Masai Mara National Reserve, climb famous Mount Kilimanjaro, and experience the busy streets of Nairobi and Mombasa. All you have to do is secure a Kenyan Visa.
What You Need
- Valid passport that is signed and in good condition
- Validity must be six months past the end of your Kenyan trip
- At least two blank visa pages
Types of Kenya Visas
- Single entry Kenya eVisa, issued online
- Multiple entry Kenya visa, issued at a consulate
- Multiple entry East Africa Tourist Visa, issued at a consulate of Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda
Kenya e-visas are single entry visas that can be applied for online, can either be for business or tourist visa.
- Complete an online application form
- Upload required documents such as flight itinerary, hotel reservations, etc. business travelers need to upload a letter of introduction from their employer
- Once it is approved, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail, which you will print and carry with you to Kenya
Kenya Multiple Entry Visas
If you are planning to visit Kenya a on multiple occasions, it is better to apply for a multiple entry visa. Only three places in the US issue a Kenya Visa:
- Embassy of Kenya in Washington, DC
- Consulate General of Kenya in Los Angeles
- Consulate General of Kenya in New York
The government of Kenya do not practice consular jurisdiction, therefore, you can apply at any of the three offices regardless of the state where you reside.
Regular multiple entry visas are valid for six months but US citizens can request for a multiple entry visa that can be valid up to 5 years.The 5-year valid visa should be approved by the immigration authorities in Nairobi. It is more expensive and takes longer time to process than the normal multiple entry visa but is definitely worth it for those who would like to go back and forth Kenya.
East Africa Tourist Visas
An African trip may never fully satisfy your inner adventurer if you only get to visit one nation. Won’t it be best to be able to go to Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda? Then you should apply for an East Africa Tourist visa.
The East Africa Tourist visa is a 90-day valid multiple entry visa allowing you to travel between Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. This is a consular visa that is applied for at any embassy or consulate of the three regions. It is recommended to apply through the country you are planning to visit first.
Yellow Fever Vaccination For Kenya
Your Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate is not required to be presented during your visa application BUT you have to bring it with you to Kenya and present it upon arrival at the airport. The Centers for Disease Control recommends to get vaccinated for Yellow Fever, Hepatitis A and Typhoid.