Lost Passport Application Forms DS-11 and DS-64

Lost Passport Application Forms

The government form you need to accomplish when applying for a replacement for a lost US passport is called DS-11. This is a similar form that first time applicants complete to acquire a passport. The DS-11 is a two page form with a space for your picture and signature on the first page.  When you finish this application form for a lost passport replacement, you should include the following information:

  • Your legal name, as stated on your birth certificate or legal name change document
  • Your height, hair color, and eye color
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your home address
  • Your parents’ full names, birth dates, and places of birth
  • The number and date of issue of lost passport
  • No less than one contact number – home, work, or cell phone number
  • The name and address of somebody who can be contacted if case of emergency

You will also need to finish a form called the DS-64, “Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport”.

Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for a Lost Passport

  • Passport Application Form (DS-11)
  • Passport Form DS-64, “Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport”. This will be automatically made as you fill out your passport application on https://pptform.state.gov/ .  If you are filling out your forms by hand, you should fill out this form separately.
  • One passport photo
  • Proof of US Citizenship – This can be either a birth certificate (original or certified) or an expired passport. If you present an expired passport, your appearance must still be similar to the way you show up in the passport photo on the old passport.
  • Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
  • Flight itinerary or other verification of travel plans (only required if you need to expedited service for lost passport replacement)
  • Lost passport replacement fee (will be paid at the Passport Acceptance Agent, see below). Two checks will be required, one payable to “US Department of State” for $110 ($170 on the off chance that you require expedited service for lost passport replacement) and a second check for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee.

How to Replace a Lost Passport Fast

Processing times for lost passport applications are: