A government form one must complete to apply for a stolen US passport replacement is the DS-11. This is a similar form that first time applicants complete. This is a two page form with a space for your photo and signature on the first page. When you finish this form for a stolen passport replacement, include the following information:
- Your legal name, as recorded on your birth certificate or legal name change document
- Your height, hair color, and eye color
- Your Social Security Number
- Your home address
- Parent’s full name, birthdates and birthplace
- At least one contact number –home, work, or mobile number
- The name and address of somebody who can be contacted if there are emergencies
- The number and date of issue of the stolen passport
A second form also needs to be accomplished, the DS-64, “Proclamation Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport”.
Document Checklist – Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for a Stolen Passport
- Passport Application Form (DS-11) filled out online at https://pptform.state.gov/ .
- Passport Form DS-64, “Statement regarding to a Lost or Stolen Passport”. This is created automatically as you fill out your passport application on https://pptform.state.gov/ . If you have duplicates of the forms and are filling them out by hand, you should fill this out to the DS-11 Passport Application.
- Proof of US Citizenship. This can be either:
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate showing birth in the US
- An expired passport, so long as you are still similar in appearance to the photo on that passport
- One passport photo
- Travel plan confirmation, like a flight itinerary (only required if you request expedited service for a stolen passport replacement)
- Photocopy of driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back)
- Stolen passport replacement fee. Two checks required, one payable to “US Department of State” for $100 ($170 if you require expedited service for passport replacement) and a second check for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee.
How to Replace a Stolen Passport Fast
Processing time for a passport replacement applications are: